* Full Name
1. What is your gender?
2. How many years have you been a coffee roaster?
3. What are the challenges you have faced in progressing throughout your career as a coffee roaster so far?
4. What tools/opportunities/resources (that you do not have access to) would have helped you in the past, or will help you in the future, progress through your career as a coffee roaster?
5. Do people other than men work in your roastery in positions other than 'admin'?
6. If you're 'Not a Man', what challenges has your gender presented (if any) in your career prospects or opportunities as a coffee roaster?
7. Have you ever experienced harassment (sexual or otherwise), bullying or abuse (physical/emotional/mental) in work related environments as a coffee roaster? Please elaborate.
8. Would you know what to do if you experienced or witnessed harassment, bullying, abuse or violence in the workplace? If so, please elaborate.
9. If you could do anything in the world as a career what would it be?
10. Would you say your communication style is passive, assertive or aggressive?
We're asking this question because earlier this year we had Psychologist Jamie Berry speak on the subject of assertiveness to a room of coffee professionals. The presentation was a great success and it became apparent that more people would like assertiveness training in our industry.
I have no idea
13. When it comes to professionalism, what area's do you feel you need more training in? (e.g. how to start and have conversations with my employer. How to write professional emails to our customers. How to be assertive when an employee is being confrontational. etc)
Thank you for completing this survey and assisting with the research for our first MAP IT FORWARD e-book “A Coffee Roasters 10 Year Career & Business Map”.
Again, we just want to confirm that your data will remain private and confidential unless you give us express written permission to explicitly use your responses in the e-book. We will contact you via email if we have any further information.
(p.s. if you haven’t signed up to our emailing list yet, please join us! You can sign up below).